June 17th 2021. Kyiv. Closing Ceremony of EU-ACT Project in Ukraine. Chaired by the Deputy to the Head of the EU Delegation to Ukraine, Mr Rémi Duflot, The Chargé d'affairs of The Embassy of Spain to Ukraine, Mr Miguel de Domingo, Head of Unit Security, Peace and Development of FIIAPP and Mr Thomas Carter, EU-ACT Team Leader. They recognized the achievements of the Project and the significant commitment of the Ukrainian Beneficiaries.
They attended High-ranker officers from the beneficiaries Institutions. All of them are members of the WG of EU-ACT Project that meet every six months to plan and review the activities of EU-ACT Ukraine:
- Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine (MoIA), including as recipients:
- National Police of Ukraine (NPU).
- State Border Guard Service of Ukraine (SBGS)
- Security Service of Ukraine (SSU)
- Ministry of Justice of Ukraine (MoJ)
- State Criminal Executive Service of Ukraine
- State Court Administration of Ukraine (SCAU).
- Prosecutor General's Office of Ukraine (PGO)
- Ministry of Health of Ukraine (MoH), including as recipients:
- Centre of Mental Health and Monitoring on Drugs and Alcohol (CMHMDA).
- State Service of Ukraine on Medicines and Drugs Control (SSUMDC).
- Customs Service, and
- State Financial Monitoring Service (SFMS) (Ukrainian FIU).
They also were present International partners: UNODC, Pravo Police, CoE and EUDigitalUA.
The RC delivered a presentation on the main achievements of the Project from May 2017 to the date, grouping them in the following six areas:
1.- Rehabilitation Program for Inmates (convicts and pre-trial detainees) with mental and behavioural disorders due to psychoactive substances for the State Criminal Executive Service of Ukraine.
2.- Activities aimed to improve coordination among drugs forensic Labs.
3.-To improve coordination in drugs investigations (ILP)
4.- Promoting Parallel Financial Investigations in Drug Trafficking Cases by enhancing cooperation among the SFMS and LEAs.
5.- Supporting the Plan of Action for 2019-2020 on implementing the State Policy Strategy on Drugs until 2020 and drafting the Strategy until 2030.
6. Operational support and capacity building of LEAs on drugs investigations.
All Ukrainian representatives took the flow and thanks to the Project for their achievements. EU-ACT also requested to inform about their current needs not covered by the Project to report to the EC.